Sunday, June 13, 2010

Trying New Things

Last week I tried a few new things...
I bought Green Drink (real creative name, huh?) from Trader Joe's.
It's basically just a quick way to get some extra vitamins and minerals.



You can kind of see the consistency in this photo - I usually have to gulp it down all at once, it's pretty grainy. It might just be a placebo affect, but I feel great afterward. I have one serving after AM workouts now.

I also made my first cold green bean salad. I sauteed a little olive oil, garlic, yellow squash, and red peppers while slightly boiling the green beans. Then I threw it all together and added some cucumbers, chick peas, and basil and chilled it in the fridge. Delicious.

And one thing that wasn't really new, but new for me to eat in America anyway....

Lychee Nuts - The girls and I had our fill when we lived in Thailand. Got 8 for $1.25 at Produce Junction!

No comments: