Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ridiculous Requests

The other night Brad and I were talking about gift giving and I was telling him how I think it's ridiculous when girls expect their boyfriends to buy them things like David Yurman jewelry or really anything that costs hundreds of dollars. I also said that if he is going to spend that kind of money, I would like a plane ticket to somewhere I have never been. HOWEVER. I found one thing that is now making me eat my words. I want this.

The Garmin Forerunner. I know it sounds ridiculous to spend $300 on a running watch, but this thing is amazing. It wirelessly tracks your mileage, speed, heart rate, and records your course! So cool.

However, so as to not go back on my word, I think I will just save up and buy it for myself... although I will probably end up buying a few more plane tickets first...

One thing I am going to buy ASAP the new North Face Refraction Jacket. It keeps you warm in cold weather and breathes enough to wear it in hot weather (only needed when it's raining). It's waterproof, blocks wind, and has reflectors on it for my night runs. Only $100! I think I found it for $60 online though. I will report back after I try it out.

No comments: