Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hot Yoga

Due to my family history of high cholesterol my doctor told me I needed to find an exercise that I could do until I was at least 70 years old. When I mentioned I do yoga regularly, she suggested I begin hot yoga. Nearly two years later, I listened. After tonight I've done two classes total (at $13 a pop I'm not making this a weekly thing by any means). I loved it the first time. It makes your abs hurt (later, for a full week), it enhances your practice (if you're already doing yoga, you'll surprise yourself with what you can do in 98 degree heat), and it makes you feel a little lightheaded and high.

HOWEVER...

Tonight, behind me, to the right of me, and in front of me, were men. Smelly, stinky, I-might-be-watching-you-a-little-too-much men. Normally, I really wouldn't think twice or even notice. If it weren't for the smell...

For an hour an a half in an almost airless room where I am supposed to be breathing deeply, I smelled...

BALLS.

Gross. I want my thirteen dollars back.

However, my saving grace was the fact that I wipe my mat down with Mrs. Meyer's Basil Earth-friendly all-purpose wipes.



That saved me until I soaked my own mat with sweat about 30 minutes in...

Hot yoga is disgusting and yet I am addicted.

No comments: