Sunday, March 28, 2010

Friends You'll Have Forever

On Friday I drove down to Bel Air, Maryland to see my best friend from college, Kendall.

Kendall and I became friends through the random roommate lottery at the University of Delaware. However, she was not my original roommate assignment. I was supposed to live with a girl named Dina who I had never met, but rumor had it that she was a terrible bitch. So when Kendall called to say, "Hi! I'm your new rooommate, Kendall," I was ecstatic!

We kind of agreed that they must have switched us just to screw people up when the met us. "Which one is Kendra? Which one is Kendall?"

Our schedules never seem to mesh so we hadn't seen each other in about six months... a planned visit in February was ruined by a snowstorm. So I decided it was worth the drive for dinner.

Kendall took me to a restaurant called, "The Lodge." It's ski-lodge themed. Some of the booths are actual chair lifts. Very cool. It was great to catch up with a friend that I hardly get to see, but one that I know I will be seeing for the rest of my life.

This is the size of the "cups" they give you at the Lodge. I'm a little disgusted (yet I drank all of that chemical-infested Diet Coke... and loved it).

No comments: