Monday, November 10, 2008

Mostly It's Our Chi

This weekend I went to DC -- again. But this time, I was joined by all 8 of my best friends from high school. Amanda, you were missed greatly. I got your bday card promising a house out with you and a hipped-out boy. Let me know when you get that situated and I'm there. Come home and bring that Cali sun.

The drive back had me thinking - as driving and running always does - and I realized how extremely blessed I am to have such amazing friends. We have all changed so much, and are in such different places, but we can still come back to each other and be real with one another. I know that's rare. So I needed to pause and recognize it.

And thanks to iPod shuffle and a full battery on the drive home, I will dedicate this to them.

"It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures. I have the kind of beauty that moves."

No comments: